Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Toy Chest - Tuesday

Before introducing our new toy this Tuesday, Riggs wants to send out a big thank you to all the new friends and followers he met this past two weeks.  He is VERY excited seeing all the photos and reading about all his other new buddies.  A special thanks to Winston for posting a blog posting about Riggs, Riggs got introduced to several new friends because of Winston.  Thanks again buddy.

Ok since many of you are brand new to the blog then it would be best to do a refresher on what Toy Chest - Tuesday is all about.  When we picked up Riggs back in late May 2009, we got him several different types of toys.  Balls, bones, ropes, a kong and a few stuffed animals.  It became very obvious that Riggs LOVES stuffed animals.  Of course Mama spoils Riggs rotten and his collection of stuffed animals grew exponentially.  Each time Mama got Riggs a new toy (a.k.a. stuffed animal) she would give the stuffed animal a name.  At the beginning when there were not that many to keep track off Riggs did a pretty good job at grabbing the stuffed animal we called by name but after awhile and the pile got huge it was pretty much a lost cause of Riggs bring the stuffed animal we mention by name.

So I decided I would start a blog series called "Toy Chest - Tuesday" where I introduce everyone to one of his stuffed animals until I got through every single one of them.  Granted at the beginning I was introducing a new stuffed animal every week to try and catch up and slowly got to the point where I do it about once a month now and here we are 2 1/2 years later and I am still not caught up at introducing them all yet.  Now anyone that owns a dog knows that stuffed animals will not last forever and so when the time comes during Toy Chest - Tuesday there will also be a R.I.P. (Rest In Pieces) for the stuffed animals that have not survived the wrath of Riggs.

So if you ever want to catch up on all the stuffed animals introduced so far just click on the "stuffed animal" label and you can see all the stuffed animals this little spoiled rotten bugger has gotten thus far.

So without further ado today I introduce you all to:

Grape Ape

4 comments:

  1. Hi Grape Ape!
    I am happy to meet you. I do not have any toys that look like you,, not a one!
    You look very loved!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Riggs!

    OH, what a cool idea! I have a whole big bunch of stuffies too ALL WITH NAMES!!!! Mom might have to borrow your idea when she has writer's block!

    Love,
    S-Dog

    P.S. Paris Hilton is our fave....mom LOL'd

    ReplyDelete
  3. The other day, I think I heard my mom and dad talking about some Grape Ape cartoon on TV. What I think is cool is that tail sticking up...ripe for the chewing and pulling!
    Love,
    Payton

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMP this is a totally pawsome idea..... "MUM can I do a post likes this too, I have tons of toys"

    This is great...... I just told Mum about it.


    I luvs Grape ape. Does he have a squeaker?

    Winston

    PS thanks for the shout outs. I do anything to help out a fellow pug pal!

    ReplyDelete